HISTORY OF ACCOLADE OFFICE- europe
Accolade was formed on the proceeds of a bank robbery!
In 1976, our founder chased and caught an armed robber. Wisely, he invested *half of his reward money in starting an office supplies company that eventually became Accolade Office- europe.
Initially operating from his home and a van, the business grew rapidly throughout the 80's. Many members of staff recruited 'last century' are now shareholders, as Accolade became employee owned in 1999. That's why our motto is "As an employee owned partnership...we try harder"
Fit for Work Awards won for progressive employment policies such as 'Positive About Disabled People' and 'Employee Share Ownership' provided inspiration for the company to be named Accolade Partnership. Presented by Margaret Thatcher in 1984, our 'Fit for Work Award' was followed by many more 'accolades' :
- National Training Award
- Arts Business Sponsorship Award
- British Telecom Case Study & Video for Advanced ICT
- Good Practice Award for Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association awarded Life Membership to our MD. This **commitment** to charitable causes continues with our cartridge re-cyclying programme: Accolade's 'Cash for Trash' initiative helps the environment and donates money to Guide Dogs for the Blind. See link below:
** "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth...the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way." **
Extract from The Scottish Himalayan Expedition 1951 by W. H. Murray.
* David Arnott, Accolade's founder, quotes in his story of the robbery "The other half of my reward money was spent on an engagement ring! Throughout 38 years of marriage, that has proved to be the better investment. Sorry Dragons...I won't share her; you'll have to make do with a slice of my second best investment".
An Enterprise Investment Scheme is by far the best way of exploiting tax breaks.
^-<-< Use this Form or the 'Contact Us' page for more information about our EIS Email a link to this page 'Accolade Story'
Isle of Skye
Photo taken by Bill Gray,
Managing Director @ Accolade,
Sunday May 1st 2011
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
That puts it not unto the touch,
To win or lose it all."
Extract from 'My Dear and Only Love' written in 1643 by James Graham, Marquis of Montrose.
Original text & images are Copyright to Accolade Office- europe Limited © 2015
Original images have been pixellated with a pattern that makes them identifiable as the unique copyright property of Accolade Office- europe Limited. © applicable within all legal jurisdictions, worldwide.
. Page last modified :